Siddhartha 1
Quote p.73
He had often heard all this before, these many voices in the river, but today it sounded new.
1= I think that he meant he has herd the water speak to him many times before and in many different ways with different voices it has spoken to him. But this time as it spoke to him is sounded different the voice was not one voice but all the voices of the river. He heard it in a new way because he was listening and that was all he was doing.
2= I could apply this to my life by listening to a river or a stream just like he did and think about what it said to him and see if it can say things to me. I could listen to all things in nature. When I listen I could completely devote my self to listening with my full attention.
Quote p.78
The things may be illusions or not; if they are, I, too, am illusory, and so they continue to be of the same nature as myself.
1= I think he meant that if trees and rocks and all matter were illusions then he too was an illusion. He too would be an illusion if everything of his kind was an illusion that there would be no illusion because illusion wouldn’t exist. He and the rock, tree, and the water are all made of the same things.
2= I could apply this to my life by learning from Siddhartha to know that I’m not an illusion and that everything is as real as I am. In addition, I am not something else’s illusion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment