Monday, September 29, 2008

siddhartha 3

Siddhartha 3

quote
Or because I have escaped, because my gateway is accomplished, because I am finally free again and standing beneath the sky as a child?

1= I think it means that he has escaped his worries, his responsibilities as a Samana, or that he escaped the life of the child people. It could have also been that he was not being controlled by money or pleasure any more. My gateway has been accomplished could mean that he had his a sertent turning point or that he had passed through a state of mind into a new one, a better one. He is free once again and in his new life he has new hope and intrest in the world. He finds things that are regular to him as fascinating now.
2= Sometimes stopping for a moment and enjoying yourself and nacher can be enlightening.

quote
“it is good,” he thought, “to taste for yourself everything you need to know.

1= He means that it gives you more experience, knowledge, decision making, and a possible better future to learn thing first hand. He tasted the life of the child people. He tasted the life of the Samana. He tasted the life of wealth, and poverty. He knows what its like to starve and to get fat. He knows the life of sorrow and destruction, but he also knows the life of health and spirituality.
2= I could go and see what it is like to live in other countries. I could play sports I’ve never played before. I could fast for a day to see what it would be like to starve.

No comments: