Siddhartha # 2
quote 1 p.41
Slowly the way that moisture penetrates a dying tree stump, slowly filling it and making it rot, the world and imbalance had penetrated Siddhartha’s sold; slowly it had fille dhis soul, making it heavy, making it weary, and lulling it to sleep.
1=
This was a negative quote. I think it means that Siddhartha has lost himself in his new life. He has lost the things about being a Samana that he loves. Every day he is becoming more and more like the town’s people. The new ways were slowly seeping threw and the old were falling away. Because they were coming in slowly he did not notice it making his soul faint to him. This seems to be a negative quote because he is comparing it to death.
2=
I can apply this to my life by doing things I used to do. I can also remember who I am and where I come from.
Quote 2 p.42
he played out of his heart’s distress; to lose and squander his wretched money gave him an angry joy; in no other way could he show more clearly and scornfully his contempt for wealth, the false idol of the merchant class.
1=
I think this quote was showing pity and grief. He craved riches but hated them. When he became rich he thought riches would bring happiness. But he idolized money and it brought him no joy. He tried to get rid of his money by gambling it all away. Fear of the drastic lows of a negative role was the closest thing to happiness left for him.
2=
I could apply this to my life by not centering my life on money. I shouldn’t center my life on one thing alone. I also shouldn’t let anything dominate my mind or idolize things like money or possessions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment